Our guild participates in quilting retreats during which we enjoy one another’s company and time set aside to sew (and of course visit fabric stores because who doesn’t need more fabric?)
We have held spring retreats at the Ponderosa Retreat in Waynesville in the beautiful North Carolina mountains. An extra day is often planned to allow time to actually sew as there are plenty of fabric and quilting stores along the way and within driving distance of Ponderosa.
A new venue we discovered in 2021 is The Retreat at Lake Gaston. This is a gorgeous but cozy site (located just over the NC/VA border), with parking limited to 12 cars.
In fall of both 2020 and 2021, we relaxed at the spacious Camp Walter Johnson near Denton, NC. This camp is owned by the Salvation Army, but it feels like we have the whole place to ourselves at this time of year.
In 2018 and 2019, we enjoyed fall retreats at the Haw River State Park.
Check out retreat photos below. You can find the blog posts for our two most recent retreats under our “What’s Happening” tab – look for Community Events.
- 2021 BCQG Halloween weekend retreat – Camp Walter Johnson
- 2021 BCQG early October retreat – Lake Gaston
- 2020 BCQG fall retreat photos – socially distanced at Camp Walter Johnson
- 2019 BCQG fall retreat summary and photos – Haw River State Park
- 2019 BCQG spring retreat photos – Waynesville
- 2018 BCQG fall retreat summary and photos – Haw River State Park
- 2018 BCQG spring retreat photos – Waynesville and photos from NC Quilt Symposium in Asheville
- 2017 BCQG spring retreat photos – Waynesville
- 2016 BCQG spring retreat photos – Waynesville