Ann and Mary opened the meeting early at 6:35 because we needed to have a short business meeting before we began our social time. (Mr. Pat Love sharpened scissors for us while we met.)
Items of Business
- 1- New Meeting location? – Church is still working on sale of building. Please share suggestions with Ann L. or Mary.
- 2- Quilt show, every year or every other year? After much decision, it was decided that we should invite Connie (quilt show chairperson) to come talk to the group to help us make a decision. (Update: Connie will speak at our June meeting – and bring along a “trunk show” of her own quilts as well.)
- 3-Adoption quilts – Mary needs volunteers to sign up for these. Due date was changed to June 1st.
- 4-Featherweight Club – Dates set for April 30th and May 28th. Hours are 9-3 on both dates.
- 5-Officer Update – No secretary still! Need a volunteer! Lynn B. is doing double duty for now.
- 6-Committees – Kathy R. has accepted the Boutique chair position. Please support her by making items to sell.
- 7-Raffle Quilt – Lisa R. said that 2022 Raffle quilt has been delivered to the winner (Renee Page). Total ticket sales on the quilt totaled $5,000.
- 8-New members – June E., Darcy C., and Billy H. (Our first male quilter).
- 9-Retreats. Enola said that there is still room for one more person for Waynesville. Please contact her or sign up on the webpage. Please sign up for the other retreats to indicate that you are interested – even if you may need to cancel later.
Sew-ciable (Show and Tell plus social time)
Cindy spoiled us by bringing food to the meeting! It was delicious! We had a “sewciable”. Very enjoyable to be able to talk and see other members’ work.
Thanks to our historian, Sylvia, for providing photos and documenting business discussed at our April meeting.